Beef Chateaubriand Steak: Recipe
The perfect solution for a festive dinner and a festive dinner can rightly be considered beef “Chateaubriand”. This exquisite and incredibly delicious gourmet dish will not leave anyone indifferent. If you have tried this fragrant dish in restaurants or guests, you will certainly want to have on hand a recipe for Chateaubriand in order to impress your home and guests with the meat dish. We suggest using the classic French recipe and its variants to choose the perfect way to cook beef.
If you look, the recipe itself is very simple and is fried beef steak. But in order to give the beef a unique recognizable taste, you will have to try a little and strictly follow the step-by-step recipe. An important condition is the supply of the finished dish. “Chateaubriand” is best combined with a light garnish – a salad of fresh cucumbers with cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, baked vegetables.
A classic recipe for French beef steak
In order to prepare a dish according to the traditional recipe, you must first take the “right” piece of beef. For “Chateaubriand” I choose the central part of the tenderloin, free it from the films and give the piece the desired shape.
- meat (beef tenderloin) – 550 – 600 g;
- vegetable oil (ideally olive) – 3 to 4 tablespoons;
- butter – 2 dessert spoons;
- 3-4 cloves of garlic;
- a few stalks of thyme;
- coarse salt;
- Freshly ground black pepper.
Step by step description of the preparation (with photo)
- One day before the intended celebration prepare the meat. Using a sharp knife, clean the tenderloin from excess film and grease, rinse under cold water and blot with a paper towel. Then put the meat on the plastic wrap and tightly twist, forming a log. Twist the ends and place the workpiece in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next day, turn the meat around and sprinkle pepper and salt on it from all sides. To make the spices soak the meat, pat the tenderloin with your palm as if driving in pepper and salt.
- Pour a few spoons of vegetable oil into the pan and heat it. On medium heat, literally, fry the meat on all sides for a few minutes. The resulting crust in the future will help preserve juiciness.
- Preheat the oven to 200-220 degrees. Grease the container for baking with plenty of softened butter. Put the roasted meat and sprinkle with half the minced garlic and thyme.
- Bake the beef in the oven for 7-8 minutes. Then turn the piece on the second side, sprinkle with the remaining garlic and thyme, and continue cooking for another 7-8 minutes.
- Put the finished meat on the rack and leave for 10-15 minutes. During this time, the excess juice will drain, and the beef will cool a little. Cut it into slices across the grain and sprinkle each piece on top with salt and pepper from the mill.
Serve “Chateaubriand” should be warm (not hot!). Put the green lettuce leaves on a la carte plates and place the steak over the top.
Chateaubriand with baked vegetables
The proposed recipe is suitable for a family dinner or gala dinner. A full dish is not only very tasty and fragrant, but also quite satisfying.
The grocery cart includes the following:
- meat – beef tenderloin (400 g);
- vegetables – eggplants (1-2 pieces), tomatoes (3-4 pieces), shallots (1 piece), garlic cloves (several pieces);
- white mushrooms (3-4 pieces);
- greens (rosemary, parsley);
- drinking cream (150 ml);
- butter (1 dessert spoon);
- mozzarella cheese (50 g);
- vegetable oil (60 ml);
- salt and black pepper (to taste);
- Drinking water (1/3 cup).
- Fry the prepared meat from all sides and place on a baking sheet. At a temperature of 180 degrees bake the tenderloin for 15-20 minutes (depending on the thickness of the piece).
- While the meat is being cooked, get some vegetables. Eggplants chop the slices no thicker than half a centimeter, salt each piece and leave for a few minutes to get out the extra bitterness.
- In a pan with hot oil on each side, fry the aubergine slices for 2 minutes on both sides.
- Cut the tomatoes into circles.
- A few minutes before the meat is ready, place the prepared vegetables on the baking tray, alternating overlapping slices of tomatoes and eggplants. Sprinkle the vegetable base with chopped garlic, chopped rosemary, grated cheese and salt with pepper. Send the baking tray to the oven for another 5-7 minutes.
- At this time, you can cook the sauce. To do this, chop shallots and white mushrooms, sprinkle them on butter and pour in a thin stream, without ceasing to stir the cream.
- Cover and simmer the sauce on low heat for a few minutes. At the end of cooking, add chopped parsley, salt, and pepper.
Before serving, cut the meat into wide slices, put them in portions with a side dish, and pour over the mushroom sauce.
Appetizing aroma of meat and baked vegetables will not force too long to invite guests to the table. And empty plates will be the best compliment to your culinary efforts!