I just love burritos – especially chicken ones!
Hope you enjoy – leave a comment to let me know what you think….
- 500g chicken breast strips
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 red capsicum, cut into strips
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 green capsicum, cut into strips
- 4 burrito tortillas, heated in the oven
- Lettuce leaves, to serve
- Crushed peanuts, to sprinkle
- Combine the chicken and lime juice in a bowl. Heat half the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Stir-fry the chicken in two batches. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil.
- Heat the remaining oil in the frying pan. Stir-fry the capsicum and onion for about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Heat the tortillas in the oven.
- Fill the tortillas with lettuce leaves, chicken and capsicum mixture. Sprinkle with peanuts and roll up to enclose the filling. Serve immediately.
Did you know?
- Chicken breast stir-fry: With no trimming or chopping required, stir-fry cuts are a handy standby for quick and easy weeknight meals.
- Crushed peanuts: Peanuts are a good source of vitamins B, E and the enzyme amylase, which eases indigestion and hyperacidity.