Chilli con Carne
Super easy and super delicious
- 500g minced beef
- 500g can crushed tomatoes
- 750g can kidney beans
- Packet of Mexican style power (eg chilli, taco or burrito powder)
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 chipotle chilli, chopped
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Jalapeños, chopped (to taste)
- Sour cream and coriander to garnish
1. In a large pot, fry the garlic, chipotle and onions until soft.
2. Add the mince and cooked until browned.
3. Add the Mexican powder and stir through.
4. Add all the remaining ingredients except the lemon juice (including the juices from the bean can) and let it simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add the lemon juice and simmer for 5 more minutes.
6. Garnish with a little sour cream and coriander. Serve with rice, corn chips, tortortillas
Keep reading Winter Warmers: Hearty And Healthy