Chocolate Flan- Recipe
The fragrant chocolate flan is an unusual dessert that cannot leave indifferent even those who do not belong to the sweet tooth. Absolutely gentle and at the same time saturated mousse, topped with a caramel crust, will appeal to absolutely everyone. If you think that in order to feast on this wonderful dessert, you should definitely go to a cafe or restaurant, then we hasten to assure you that you are mistaken. Prepare a delicate treat can be at home, using the basic recipe proposed in the article.
Step by step recipe with photos
Many cooks call this delicate dessert differently: fondant, chocolate flan or cake with a thick filling. The cooking process is quite simple, and even the beginning hostess can cope with it. The only thing to remember is that baking is a bit capricious, so the first time you will often have to check the degree of readiness of the dough.
The grocery cart includes the following set:
- A bar of dark chocolate (150 grams);
- Butter (only 60 grams, of which 10 grams leave on the baking mold for lubrication);
- Eggs (2 pieces);
- Sugar (50 grams);
- Wheat flour (40 grams);
- Cocoa powder (1 teaspoon with a slide).
A set of ingredients is designed for a dessert of 4 servings. If you plan to bake flan in a fairly large form for more servings, then the set of products must be doubled.
Tip! This flan is traditionally baked in ceramic tins with thick walls. Such forms are called “ramekin.” In the absence of special utensils, this dessert can also be prepared in silicone forms, but then the cooking time should be slightly reduced. They serve ready flan in personal tins, in which the dessert was prepared, and laid out on the dish.
- Break the bitter chocolate bar into slices and place in a deep bowl. Add 50 grams of butter.
Tip! For a richer taste, you should use dark, and even better dark chocolate, containing at least 70% cocoa. There are also other options for recipes of cooking. You can also experiment by replacing black chocolate with chocolate-nut paste or a combination of milk and dark chocolate.
- Place the container and heat the contents in a water bath until the butter and chocolate pieces are completely dissolved.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs with sugar. To make the mixture beat faster, add a pinch of salt.
- Add the beaten egg-sugar mixture to the melted chocolate and butter and mix upwards with a spatula.
- Pour the sifted flour. The dough should not be too thick but without lumps.
- Lubricate the bottom and inner sides of the molds with butter, sprinkle with cocoa powder on top.
- Put the dough in the prepared form. It is not necessary to fill the container in which the dessert will be baked to the very top – it is best if the form is filled to 2/3.
- Bake chocolate flan for 7-8 minutes in the oven at 200 degrees.
Tip! The ideal solution would be to bake flan in the oven, equipped with the function “convection”. This will allow you to evenly distribute the flow of hot air and, as a result, bake the sides, bottom, and top of the desert, leaving the center of the liquid.
- The appearance of the first cracks on the surface of the desert indicates its readiness. Carefully remove the form from the oven and serve the treat on the table.
- Chocolate flan goes well with fresh berries and ice cream. Before serving, dessert is sprinkled with powdered sugar or grated chocolate.
Tip! Serve flan to the table as soon as it is taken out of the oven, otherwise, the core will harden when cooled and the dish will lose its traditional flavor.
During the first cooking of the chocolate flan, you may encounter such a problem as the control of baking the core. Do not be upset if you overdo the form in the oven – in the end, you will get a no less tasty cake.