I recently bought a coffee machine – the Black & Decker DCM18S Brew ‘n Go Coffee Maker to be specific (which I love by the way). But more importantly, it inspired me to use the coffee in a great recipe that I found here. YUM!!!!
- 5 cl (1.7 fl oz) coffee
- 1 packet vanilla-flavoured raising agent
- 200 g (7 oz) sugar
- 200 g (7 oz) butter
- 200 g (7 oz) white flour
- 4 eggs
- Icing sugar to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Grease and flour a 22-cm (8.5”) round cake tin.
- Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the flour and blend in thoroughly.
- Add the eggs one at a time and blend each one in thoroughly before adding the next egg.
- Stir in the cup of coffee. Sift the raising agent and stir into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the cake tin and bake for approximately 45 minutes. Check the cake regularly and, when done, turn it out onto a cake rack. When cool, dust with icing sugar.