Farfalle With Salmon- A Recipe
Dishes on the table should be not only tasty but also beautifully and appetizingly decorated. By the win-win options can be safely attributed farfalle paste. This variety of Italian pasta with its extraordinary taste can impress even the most fastidious gourmets.
The story of farfalle
Turning to the history of the origin of farfalle, it is impossible not to recall that they were invented by children who, decorating the Christmas tree, cut out openwork butterflies from paper, and the parents decided to repeat these simple manipulations, but only with dough. From Italian, “farfalle” is translated as a butterfly (moth), and pasta of such a shape, but smaller, is called farfalle or farfallini.
Benefit and harm
In its composition, farfalle variety consists of wholemeal flour made from selected wheat varieties, as well as mineral water. In rare cases, food dyes are added to the dough for coloring the finished product.
Truly Italian pasta is rich in fiber, amino acids, and various trace elements. The farfalle contains vitamins B, E, and PP. Nutritionists recommend adding classic pasta to the menu even during low-calorie diets. In combination with light sauces and vegetable additives, this dish can diversify the diet with new tastes and combinations.
During the purchase of paste should pay special attention to the composition. If the semi-finished product is made from flour with high gluten content, then the finished farfalle will be tasteless and high-calorie.
Principles of cooking farfalle
Boil pasta should be enough salted water. For example, in the recent past, farfalle was cooked even in purified sea water, which gave the finished dish an unusually rich flavor. Italians argue that classic pasta should be a little undercooked. Serving a dish to the table is always in a warm plate in combination with sauces and fillers (meat, fish, vegetables, seafood).
Salmon Pasta Recipe with Cream Sauce
Incredibly delicious and especially tender pasta is obtained in combination with salmon and creamy sauce. Using the recipe of this true Italian dish suggested in the article, you can always feed your family with a hearty and at the same time delicious dinner. Farfalle with salmon is not ashamed to offer during a friendly feast, as well as for a dinner party.
The grocery basket includes the following ingredients:
- farfalle (macaroni in the form of butterflies) – 300 grams;
- salmon fillet – 400 grams;
- 20% cream – 1 200g glass;
- onions – 1 medium head;
- garlic – 2 cloves;
- parsley – a small bunch;
- olive oil – 3 dessert spoons;
- butter – 1 tablespoon;
- seasoning (Italian or Provencal herbs) – 1 tsp.
Step by Step Cooking
- Peel the onion and cut it into small cubes. Garlic skip through the garlic.
- In a deep frying pan with a thick bottom, heat the butter and fry the chopped onion and garlic until transparent.
- Salmon peel and free from bones. Cut the fish into small pieces and add to the pan to the onions with garlic.
- Over medium heat with constant stirring, fry the salmon for 8-10 minutes. During this time, the fish will absorb all the flavors from the pan and completely drained.
- While the salmon is stewing, boil the paste in salted boiling water (according to the package instructions).
- Drain, throwing the pasta in a colander. Wait until the water is completely drained. Return the paste to the pan, add the butter and mix.
Tip! Rinse the finished farfalle in no case, otherwise, the top layer will be washed off with water and the sauce will not stay on the pasta, but will quickly drain to the bottom of the plate.
- Pour the cream into the fish pan and bring the mass to a boil.
- Pour seasoning and salt.
- Add the pasta to the fish with the cream. Gently mix the dish with a spatula.
Now you can decompose farfalle with salmon in a la carte plates. To give a spicy fresh taste each plate on top can be sprinkled with chopped parsley. To feel all the flavors of farfalle, this Italian dish must be served hot.
Fragrant Farfalle with Smoked Salmon
The traditional dish with smoked fish turns out unusually fragrant and tasty. For its preparation will require:
- pasta farfalle – half a kilo;
- cold smoked salmon – 400 grams;
- high fat cream (30%) – 1 cup;
- hard cheese (parmesan) – 70-80 grams;
- Dijon mustard – 1-2 teaspoons;
- salt and pepper – on a pinch.
Cooking is as follows:
- In water (at the rate of 1 liter of water per 100 grams of pasta) with the addition of salt, boil the paste to the state of “clove”, when the core remains solid. Drain water.
- Cold smoked salmon should be skinned and cut into slices.
- Parmesan grate on a coarse grater.
- In a deep frying pan, heat the cream, not boiling, add 2/3 of the grated cheese, pepper, and mustard. Stir constantly while the cheese is completely melted.
- Add pieces of salmon to the pan and stew for a few minutes.
- In a frying pan layout farfalle and mix with a spatula.
- Arrange the hot dish in flat plates. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese on top.
Because of its playful form, the dish is able to cheer up not only children but also adults! Enjoy your meal!