How To Cook Children’s Borscht?
Borsch is the first dish that occupies an important place in the diet of people. The favorite dish of the Eastern Slavs is mainly cooked in meat broth with the addition of vegetables. This kind of soup is healthy and tasty. The human body that uses this dish receives many nutrients.
Moms should know the nuances of its preparation and storage before introducing them to their children.
The benefits and harm of red borscht
The main ingredients of borscht: potatoes, beets, carrots, and cabbage. Often onions, sweet and bitter peppers, tomatoes, beans, and other products are added to this soup. Therefore, it contains a sea of vitamins.
The usefulness of borscht:
- The presence of vitamins, mineral salts, organic acids (vitamins of group B, C, and K, folic and ascorbic acids, amino acids, etc.).
- Promotes stimulation of the bowels and cleans it. Eliminates or prevents constipation.
- It has a beneficial effect on the liver, heart and blood vessels.
- It reduces nervous excitability and strengthens blood vessels.
- Stimulates blood formation.
- Excretes various toxic substances from the body.
- Indicated for use for the prevention of diabetes.
It is important to observe the recommendations for the preparation of red borscht for children and not to feed them with intolerance of at least one of the components of the dish.
So is it possible for children under 1-year-old borscht?
Doctors recommend cooking the national Slavic dish after a year for children. Many mothers do not want to deprive their child of food, filled with many nutrients. Therefore, people often wonder if it is possible for children under 1 to cook borsch for a different recipe.
Before you feed your children with a healthy soup, you need to know about the features of its preparation, as well as the limitations to using.
The specificity of the preparation of children’s borscht and contraindications
- The composition of the red soup for children under 1-year-old and older should include products that do not cause allergies in the child.
- Meat broth on which cooking is planned, as much as a possible release from fat.
- Small children do not cook borscht on bone broth.
- It is not advisable to add sour cream to the dish.
Before cooking baby soup with vegetables, mothers are convinced that he has no intolerance to various products. For this, a small child is introduced to the components of the dish earlier:
For breastfed babies, cabbage is introduced into the diet after 6 months. With artificial nutrition, the novelty is added from 4-5 months;
- Acquaintance with beetroot occurs at 8-9 months of age. A vegetable is allowed to add to the menu of foods from 7 months if the child is prone to constipation;
- carrots injected into the diet in 5-6 months;
- potato child tastes in 4.5 months;
- at 7 months, meat is introduced into the baby’s diet;
- not earlier than 8 months the child is given boiled onions;
- Tomatoes in the form of tomato juice are given to children at 10 months. Vegetable yellow and orange varieties give a year. Behind them, red tomatoes, scalded with boiling water and peeled, are introduced into the lure. A three-year-old child is allowed to eat any tomatoes.
Children in 10 months cooked soup with those roots, the use of which did not cause adverse reactions. If mom noticed earlier allergies to cabbage or beets, then the dish is prepared without these vegetables. True, this soup can hardly be called a full-fledged soup.
Traditional borsch is cooked for a child when you can give the rest of the products that make up the dish.
With age, the list of ingredients expands gradually. Bulgarian pepper is not recommended to be added before 2 years old, babies are introduced to it from 1.5 years old and rather carefully.
But from the age of 1.5, you can supplement this soup with a spoonful of sour cream.
The recipe of children’s borscht
Children are prepared borsch of those root vegetables that they managed to love. Their first soup consists of the following products:
Internet surprises with a variety of recipes with photos of borscht for one-year-old children. They differ in the number of ingredients, the cutting method, the cooking order, but they have common cooking rules.
When cooking a national dish to a one-year-old child, adhere to special recommendations:
- all vegetables are washed and boiled;
- After careful peeling, the products try to cut finely. To make borscht for toothless babies, it is recommended to rub all the vegetables on a grater;
- Vegetables must be fully boiled.
Cooking first borscht
- Pour water into the prepared saucepan (about 1 l) and wait for it to boil.
- Until the water boils, you should peel the potatoes and cut them into small cubes.
- When the water comes to a boil, place the potatoes in it.
- After 15 minutes, add carrots grated on a fine grater.
- Thinly chop the cabbage and throw it into the pan when the water starts to boil again (after about 5-10 minutes).
- When the roots are fully cooked, add the previously cooked meat, cut into small cubes.
- Boil about 10 more minutes.
Before the year borscht is desirable not to salt and pepper. It is advisable to cook it in a small amount. Although it is possible to store borsch in the refrigerator for a maximum of 2 days, a second time warmed up meal loses some of the vitamins.
Supplement children’s borscht with new ingredients
When kids get older, borsch is prepared according to the above recipe, supplementing it with products:
- Chopped onion is placed in boiling water first, and after 10 minutes, add potatoes;
- Beets rubbed on a coarse grater and added with carrots;
- Diced tomato is placed in a soup with cabbage;
- Chopped sweet pepper is added after cabbage with tomatoes a few minutes before the end of cooking;
- It is permissible to cook on 2 meat broth in 1 year. But, if after the introduction of meat in the feed, the baby did not experience allergic reactions, the child is healthy, he has no problems with the liver and kidneys, and then they begin to cook soups in meat broth at 9-10 months. After 3 years, bone broth can be used in cooking liquid dishes;
- A dish for children, who are one year old, is salted and supplemented with dill.
One-year-old children are forbidden to fry vegetables in oil. But since roasting is capable of harming even an adult organism, the question of how many years children have been given borsch with roasting is open. After all, it is also better for adults to eat soups cooked without toasting foods. Therefore, when a baby appears, it is worth considering, having revised the usual standards of cooking, to start applying useful recipes not only for children’s food but also for the common table.