Spaghetti and Meatballs
- 1 box (about 1 lb) spaghetti pasta
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 lb ground lean beef
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Mix ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, garlic, a little Parmesan cheese, and about one half of the salt, pepper, oregano, and basil in a large bowl. Mix these ingredients together well.
- Roll balls from the ground beef mix that are about one inch in diameter, and place them on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake in the oven at 300 degrees for about 20 minutes. The meatballs may also be fried in oil for a few minutes (instead of baked in the oven).
- Cook the spaghetti in a pot of boiling water, then strain, and pour the noodles into a dish.
- Warm the tomato sauce on the stove with a little olive oil, and stir in the remainder of the salt, pepper, oregano, and basil. Add the meatballs to the sauce, and allow all of the ingredients to warm. Then, pour the sauce and meatballs over the noodles in the dish.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and any extra salt and pepper or spices, and serve.