Thai Fish Recipe
If you are bored with the usual dishes and want to diversify the home menu with something non-trivial, then Thai recipes will fall in handy. Thailand’s exotic cuisine is characterized by spicy dishes using garlic, chili pepper, and ginger. Almost all Thai food is cooked with seafood, and the most common method of heat treatment is roasting in a deep frying pan wok with a convex bottom. It is in this dish, which, when uniformly heated, keeps the temperature for a long time, the products are prepared much faster and fully cooked in minutes.
Today we offer to use one of the most popular recipes in Thailand and cook fish in Thai at home.
As the main component, you can use almost any sea fish (it is better to take fillets right away). You will also need soy sauce, chili pepper and ginger – typical Thai ingredients that give the finished dish a rich and slightly savory taste. And, of course, greens! By the way, in this recipe you can use both fresh and dried spicy herbs – the taste of this will not change fundamentally.
- white sea fish – 750–800 g (the weight of already defrosted fish is indicated);
- corn starch – 7 full tablespoons;
- garlic – 4 cloves medium size;
- fresh ginger (root) – 50 g;
- chili pepper – 1 pod;
- arrows green onions – 1 medium beam;
- peppermint and basil – 1 bundle;
- vegetable oil – half a cup;
- soy sauce – 6 dessert spoons;
- sesame oil – 2 tbsp. spoons;
- sugar – 1 tsp.
From the above set of products come 3 ready portions of the dish.
Traditional Thai recipe
- Pre-thawed sea fish fillet cut into small portions.
- In a bowl, cook the sauce. To do this, mix soy sauce, sugar, and fragrant sesame oil. Fill the fish with cooked sauce and marinate for 20-30 minutes.
- Peel the fresh ginger root and cut into sticks (thin straws). You can use the grater for the Korean carrot.
- Peel the garlic and chop into slices.
- Using a sharp knife, separate the stem from the chili pod. Cut the fruit along and remove the seeds from the inside. Chop juicy pulp with a knife.
- Chop mint, onion pods, and basil leaves with a wide knife for greens.
- After half an hour, each marinated piece of fish on both sides roll in corn starch and fry in hot oil on each side for 1.5-2 minutes.
- In the remaining oil after frying the fish, add slices of garlic and straw of ginger. Stir and after half a minute add the chopped greens and the sauce, which was pickled fish. Cook on medium heat for no more than a minute, and then immerse the pieces of fried fish there. Gently, trying not to damage the fish slices, mix all the ingredients and, without covering the lid, leave on the fire for 1-2 minutes.
- Spread the hot fish in a la carte plates and serve to the table. Noodles or crumbly rice are perfect as a side dish.
Thai-style fish cooked according to this recipe is very juicy and fragrant.
Thai style fried fish with lemon pepper sauce
Another fish recipe, which is useful for friendly gatherings and youth parties. The food is prepared rather quickly and disappears from the table even faster. All guests will appreciate the moderately spicy and rich taste of the dish.
- 1-2 sea bass carcasses;
- 1 pod of chili pepper (can be replaced with one or two teaspoons of “Chinese red sauce”);
- 2 large cloves of garlic;
- 50 g brown sugar;
- 1 incomplete dessert spoon of grated ginger root grated on a fine grater;
- a small bunch of parsley or coriander;
- half a lemon or lime.
- Clean the fish, remove the fins. If the carcasses are large enough, you can cut them along.
- In a large frying pan in a sufficient amount of oil, fry the fish well until crisp.
- In the ice cream bowl, mix the ingredients for the sauce: the juice of half a lemon (lime), brown sugar and a few spoons of water. Add garlic cloves pressed through the garlic, grated ginger, finely chopped pods of chili pepper (without seeds) and chopped greens. Stir all the ingredients of the sauce with a little spoon, so that the pepper pieces and greens are soft and give away all the juice.
- Put the fried fish on a side dish, next to put the ice-cream pan with lemon-pepper sauce.
- Enjoy the taste of fish in Thai, dipping a crispy slice in a fragrant moderately hot sauce. You can not even cook an additional side dish for this dish – you just need to put on the table toasts and leaves of Iceberg lettuce.
Bon appetit to you and your friends, as well as new culinary discoveries!