This is so delicious….. you must give it a try!!
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup self raising flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded cheese (optional)
1. Preheat baking tin in the oven to 180’C.
2. In a bowl combine vegetable oil, eggs and sugar and blend.
3. Add buttermilk and baking soda until combined.
4. Gently fold in flour and cornmeal (and optional cheese) until few lumps remain, but do not over mix.
5. Pour batter into hot skillet and return to oven and bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean